Y7-11 Absence Line: 01625 627229 Sixth Form Absence Line: 01625 627274
Y7-11 Absence Line: 01625 827 898Sixth Form Absence Line: 01625 627 274
Username or Email Address
Course Leader: Mrs H Moseley
| Email Mrs H Moseley
In A Level PE students develop the knowledge and skills in order to understand the opportunities and effects of leading a healthy and active lifestyle. Students are given the opportunity to build on their experience and improve their personal skills/techniques across a variety of roles and in a sport of their choice.
Throughout the A-Level Physical Education course students will study the following topics:
Assessment requirements of the AS course include a 2 hour written paper at the end Year 12 which contribute 70% of a student’s final grade. Students practical ability and their written ability to evaluate and improve their own performance is internally assessed and externally moderated which contributes to 30% of the final grade.
Assessment requirements of the A-Level course include 2 x 2 hour written papers at the end Year 13 which contribute 70% of a student’s final grade. Students practical ability and their written ability to evaluate and improve their own performance is internally assessed and externally moderated which contributes to 30% of the final grade.
The non-exam assessment (NEA) aspect of the qualification requires students to develop their ability and aptitude in physical activity, demonstrating appropriate skills and techniques outlined below. This aspect of the specification requires students to:
• perform a range of skills and techniques in physical activity and sport
• make decisions, implement strategies, tactics and/or compositional ideas, and apply knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations while performing physical activity and sport
• apply knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts, principles and methods to physical activity and performance
• evaluate performance in physical activity and sport, applying relevant knowledge and understanding.
There are two aspects to the NEA:
1. performance assessment (practical performance)
2. performance analysis assessment (analysis and evaluation).